Thursday, January 18, 2007

The why....

The entrepreneur in me. I got into real estate to be a flipper. John and I were going to fix and flip houses and make LOTS of $$$. Yeah right!!
Started out at an obnoxiously large real estate company around here thinking they'd offer me good training. I just wanted to learn what real estate was all about.
Training wasn't as good as I expected and the owner is a greedy ... person ;)
Switched to a start up company. The entrepreneur in me saw $$$ and lots of opportunity. Unfortunately the broker in charge they hired wasn't very good at leadership.
The company tanked quickly and got bought out by a semi-large company.
Unfortunately here, the owner likes older people, especially older white MEN!
I knew I didn't stand a chance getting anywhere there.
Started looking 'round! Couldn't find a company that offered a good commission split, flexibility in commission to clients, good presentation to the public.
I gave up and decided to go it alone. Scary though. But I've persevered.

No comments: