Thursday, January 18, 2007

working from home with kids

I wonder how the heck other people do it. I love to see my 3 kids get onto the school bus. I waited to start my own company until my youngest started kindergarten. This past August I put my plans into action and Sept 06 Progressive started.
First, I love being here around the kids and knowing what's going on. I enjoy being able to go on field trips. The other moms are funny when they see me and say, "are you off today?" Real Estate is flexible which is why I love it.
However, what I can't figure out is how to get the kids to shut up when I'm on the phone with clients, attorneys, other realtors. I want to give a professional presentation to the public but it doesn't sound good when the kids are screaming and the dog is barking in the background.
I seem to be able to handle everything so far from home except this one BIG problem. Need to come up with ways to get them to realize I'm there but when the phone rings I'm not there, I'm working.

No comments: